Last updated on September 15, 2005.
Collection of your Personal Information
- The personal information we collect is that which is required to provide the UnWired Buyer Service to you. This information includes your name, e-mail address, cell phone number, eBay Username, and eBay Password. You are able to provide additional information, such as, wireless carrier, work or home address which is only used by the company to improve its service.
- The Site may collect certain information about your visit, such as the name of the Internet service provider and the Internet Protocol (IP) address through which you access the Internet; the date and time you access the Site; the pages that you access while at the Site and the Internet address of the Web site from which you linked directly to our site. This information is used to help improve the site, analyze trends and administer the site.
Use of your Personal Information
- The personal information collected on this Site will be used to operate the Site and to provide the service(s) or carry out the transaction(s) you have requested or authorized.
- In support of these uses, gNumber may use personal information to provide you with more effective customer service.
- We may use your personal information to provide you with important information about the product or service that you are using, including critical updates and notifications. Additionally, with your permission, we may send you information about other gNumber products and services, and/or share information with gNumber partners so they may send you information about their products and services.
- gNumber occasionally hires other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, such as Web site hosting, SMS services, voice termination, and sending information about our products, special offers, and other services. We will only provide those companies the personal information they need to deliver the service. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
- gNumber may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on gNumber or the Site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of gNumber and our family of Web sites; or (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of gNumber employees or agents, users of gNumber products or services, or members of the public.
- Personal information collected on the Site may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which gNumber or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities.
- If you no longer wish to receive our promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will be notified when your personal information is collected by any third party that is not our agent/service provider, so you can make an informed choice as to whether or not to share your information with that party.
Control of your Personal Information
- Except as otherwise described in this statement, personal information you provide on the Site will not be shared outside of gNumber and its controlled subsidiaries and affiliates without your permission. As described below in the next section, you can access your personal information and choose how you wish to be contacted.
- gNumber may send out periodic e-mails informing you of technical service or security issues related to a product or service you requested, or confirming you requested a product or service. In some services offered by gNumber, contact with the customer is an intrinsic part of the service. You will not be able to choose to unsubscribe to these mailings, as they are considered an essential part of the service(s) you have chosen.
- We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our site. A session ID cookie expires when you close you browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser's "help" file.
- Persistent cookies also enable us to track registration with our affiliate partner through our site in order to report aggregate registrations to said partner. We do not include personally identifiable information with these cookies.
- If you reject cookies, you may still use our site, but your ability to use some areas of our site, such as your user control panel, will be limited.
Bulletin Boards/Chat Rooms
- If you use a bulletin board or chat room on this site, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums.
Access to your Personal Information
- You can review and edit the personal information and contact preferences you provided at this Site by logging in to your User Control Panel at the Site.
Security of your Personal Information
- gNumber is committed to protecting the security of your personal information.
- We use a variety of mature and robust security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
Protection of Children's Personal Information
- Children (persons under the age of 18) are not eligible to use the Site unsupervised and we ask that children do not submit any personal information to us.
- If you are under the age of 18, you may only use this Site in conjunction with and under the supervision of your parents or guardians.
Enforcement of this Privacy Statement
- If you have questions regarding this statement, send an email to privacy@gNumber.com
Changes to this Statement
- We may occasionally update this privacy statement. When we do, we will also revise the "last updated" date at the top of the privacy statement.
- For material changes to this privacy statement, we will notify you either by placing a prominent notice on the home page of our Web site or by directly sending you a notification.
- We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect.
- Your continued use of the service constitutes your agreement to this privacy statement and any updates.
- gNumber, Inc. is a licensee of the TRUSTe Privacy Program. TRUSTe is an independent, non-profit organization whose mission is to build user's trust and confidence in the Internet by promoting the use of fair information practices. This privacy statement covers the site www.unwiredbuyer.com. Because this Web site wants to demonstrate its commitment to your privacy, it has agreed to disclose its information practices and have its privacy practices reviewed for compliance by TRUSTe.
- If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact Stacey Zuniga at Stacey@gnumber.com. If you do not receive acknowledgement of your inquiry or your inquiry has not been satisfactorily address, you should contact TRUSTe at http://www.truste.org/consumers/watchdog_complaint.php. TRUSTe will then serve as a liaison with us to resolve your concerns.
Attn: gNumber privacy
3925 West Braker Ln
MCC Building 3rd Floor
Austin, TX 78759